Making Dua in Sujood that Allaah teaches you the Qur’an
Making Dua (supplication) in Sujood (prostration) that Allaah teaches you the Qur’an
Shaykh Abdur-Rahman al-Ajlaan
Shaykh Abdur-Rahman al-Ajlaan – الشيخ عبد الرحمن العجلان
Is it correct for me to make Dua (supplication) to Allaah (Azza wa Jal) while I am prostrating that He teaches me the Noble Qur’an?
Yes, O my brother.
Ask Allaah while you are prostrating for what you would love from the goodness of this world and the next world.
As for memorising the Qur’an then this is from the goodness of the next world. It is something by which the good deeds will be increased.
So, ask Allaah for this because the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “As for the bowing then glorify the Lord in it, as for the prostration do a lot of praying in it because it is being worthy of answered for you, meaning it is suitable that it will be answered for you.
And the Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) said, “The closest the slave is to his Lord is when he is prostrating.”
So, make Dua a lot, ask Allaah for what you would love, from the goodness of this world and the next world.
Translation Source: Masjid Tawheed Wa Sunnah of Durham, North Carolina – mtws.posterous.com
Internet Source : http://ahlulsunnahwaljammah.wordpress.com
Permanent web address for this Blog : MuslimFortress.wordpress.com
- Dhikr (3)
- Du'a (Supplication in Islam) (55)
- Du'a related to Salah (8)
- Etiquette of Dua (3)
- Hisn al Muslim (15)
- Morning Evening Supplications (5)
- Qur'anic Remembrance (1)
- Qur'anic Supplications (10)
- Seeking Forgiveness (2)
- The Precious Remembrance – Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (3)
- [Audio] (2)
- [Youtube] (2)
- O Allah Aid Me To Remember You Thank You and Worship You Correctly – Hasan as-Somali [Audio|En]
- HasbunAllaahu wa ni’mal Wakeel – Allaah (Alone) is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs
- Six Authentic Modes of Dhikr After the Salaah
- Tremondous Du’a – Seeking refuge with Allaah from Evil People around you
- Scholarly comments on morning and evening (dhikr) timings